Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thank You Stranger! Johor Bahru

“Something that has always puzzled me all my life is why, when I am in special need of help, the good deed is usually done by somebody on whom I have no claim.”
William Feather


I'm sorry i didn't catch you name. I'm sorry I forgot to ask for your number. I'm sorry i forgot to ask for your address. I'm sorry i didn't send any thank you card. If you read this and you know that I'm mentioning YOU yeah I mean YOU, I want you to know that I want to give a BIG tHank to YoU.

What I know is :

1. You was working as a nurse (or u might not working as a nurse anymore)
2. You have kids. All sons. No daughter (but I hope u already have daughters)
3. Your mom was living with you. (No matter if she still living with you or not, I hope she is fine)
4. You husband was working as a.... forgotten! Sorry
5. and....... u was staying in Johor Bharu ( do u still staying there?)

FlasH Back - 2002 i was 22 years old
I was a fresh grad, working in Penang (Nothern Part of Peninsular Malaysia, got an interview in Universiti Teknologi Malaysia in Skudai Johor (Southern Part of Peninsular Malaysia). I went back to my hometown in Selangor, asking if anyone can drive me there because I never go to that University. Unfortunately no one cares. My sister busy with her patient, my brother busy with his project and my mom don't drive. So i decided to take a bus and after that may be a cab.
Ma'am.... if i may address u that. If u still remember u take a bus to Johor at midnight from Hentian Puduraya, Kuala Lumpur and a girl (yeah that's me) sitting next to you. You are so friendly and we talk about work and family a bit. You found out that I was going for an interview the next day. You asked me where will i go before the interview since the bus will arrive Johor Bahru at 3 a.m while the interview will start at 9.am. I have no place to go. I plan to wait at the bus station, go to the mosque (i'll find out where the mosque is later) at 6am, pray, take a shower and get ready, then take a cab to the university, I told you sincerely.
Did you remember u offer a girl who next to you in a bus to stay at your house before attending an interview? Did you remember what my answer was? I said YES. I have a good feeling about you. I don't know what was I thinking and my mom surely don't have to know about this...hehehe..
We arrived at Johor bus station at 3a.m and there's your son is waiting to pick u up. I was totally sleepy so I just join you into the car and your son's face is hardly seen. Arrived at hour house, you offer me you mom's room since your mom went back to her house at that time. I was totally exhausted, sleepy and the bed also the pillow was really comfortable i slept like a baby. 6.30am, your son, the youngest, woke me up. I went to pray and continue to sleep. If I think about it back yeah... I'll think how crazy I am. I kinda forget that I went to Johor for an interview?? hahahahha im laughing at myself now. 8.00am: your son woke me up again. And you hand me a towel and show me the bathroom. After i took a shower and get ready, you already prepared breakfast and i had a breakfast with you and your sons and then you drove me to Universiti Teknologi Malaysia!!!
What a hospitality!!!
I don't know how to thank you. I feel very grateful. I don't know why you are so kind to me. A perfect Stranger! I pray that you are always happy. If you read this, I just wanna know I never forget you. Though I forgot you name and face (yeah I'm terrible in remembering faces and names) but I never forget what you've done to me. Yeah.. lesson can be learnt anywhere. this is just one of those

No comments:

Post a Comment